At Paws and Claws Medical Center, we offer all routine general and non routine specialized veterinary surgical procedures.
We understand that most pets that undergo these surgeries are nervous, some are in distress and pain which causes them to be afraid and many times unstable, this is why we at our Pet hospital make all the arrangements to guarantee their safety and comfort at all times, before, during and once the procedures are finished.
Our veterinary surgeons, technicians and all support staff are highly trained to provide only the highest veterinary standards and quality of care to our patients.
Before any surgical or anesthetic procedure is performed, all our patients receive:
- Comprehensive physical exam.
- Complete pre-anesthetic blood-work profile.
- Administration of pre-medication to help with stress, pain and help reduce the need for higher doses of anesthetic drugs.
- Placement of an intravenous catheter and fluids to assure correct body perfusion and guarantee a stable patient during anesthesia.
During these procedures we assure all our patients receive:
- Closely monitored vital signs by modern and advanced monitoring equipment.
- Procedures performed under strict aseptic techniques.
After any procedure is finished:
- Trained technicians will closely monitor all vitals until our patients are awake, alert and out of danger.
- Pain is managed appropriately through constant monitoring, examination and pain medications specifically tailored to each individuals needs.
The most commonly routine surgical procedures at our pet hospital are:
- Spay and Neuters
- Mass removals
Other common non routine surgical procedures performed are:
- Hernia Repairs
- Bladder stone removals
- Foreign Body Removal
- Anal Gland surgery
- Cherry eye surgery (Prolapsed gland of the third eyelid)
- Oral surgeries.
- Brachycephalic syndrome surgery (Help breath better flat faced dogs surgery)
- Ear canal surgeries (Vertical, Lateral and Total ear canal removals)
- Liver surgery
- Abdominal Exploratory surgeries
- Perineal Urethrostomy
- Entropion and Ectropion
- Ear Crops
- Orthopedic procedures, etc.