Why Your Pet Needs Routine Examinations
Routine examinations are an important part of good health.Our veterinarians will examine your pet thoroughly with routine visits. They are looking for any potential problems and they hope to find a problem before it becomes quite serious. Our veterinarians need to keep a close eye on your pet to make sure that he or she remains healthy.
How You and Your Pet Benefit From Preventative Medicine:
- Our doctors are more likely to see issues that you might miss, allowing us to start treatment right away. If you didn’t realize your pet was ill, his or her condition could get worse.
- Catching an issue early makes it easier to figure out what’s wrong and treat. Saving time, tests, and money. Often, the longer you wait, the harder it can be to treat.
- Gives our doctors a good baseline so we can quickly see if something has changed that might mean a change in your pet’s health.
- Routine blood work allows us to look at your pet’s values before he or she is not feeling well.
- We also use this time to talk to you about your pet and his or her habits. You may have some concerns that you need to talk about. We may also hear something that makes us want to investigate further to make sure that there is no problem.
- Allows our doctors to make sure that your pet is maintaining a good weight.
- We will make sure that your pet is up-to-date on his or her vaccinations to protect his or her health.
- We will check that you have enough heartworm preventative or flea and tick medication. We want to be able to save you a trip in to get these medications.
If you have any questions about preventative care or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at (786) 361-9344.